My itchy traveling feet


Today, I just arrived from Tagaytay for an official business. And in a few hours, I will be in Baguio City for a blogging task I accepted a few days ago. Some travel bloggers would agree with me--not all parts of traveling is fun. Traveling is not an easy task especially when it means "work." However, finding the time to enjoy even only a bit of it for some pleasure, becomes the most challenging part.

Not so long ago, I have developed this penchant for photographing my feet wherever I go. Now that I am, again, at the junction of completing one travel to another, I thought that it would be nice to feature my itchy traveling feet.

My itchy feet
Manila Ocean Park Fish Spa

My itchy feet
This could be just anywhere, but this was taken at Baguio Easter Weaving School. Got so bored while waiting for companions that I started photographing anything I see on the floor.

My itchy feet
A solo photo walk at Intramuros' Baluarte de Dilao. The numbers below my feet keep nagging my mind. Is it 1981 or 1861? What do you think?

My itchy feet
I never thought that while visiting projects in the communities, I would need to cross this shallow stream. I folded my pants, and good thing, I had a rubber pair of loafers. This was taken in Brgy. Calima.

My itchy feet
Right after visiting projects in Calima, I went on a personal Travel to an Iraya Village in Pula and waded in Papa-a.

My itchy feet
This is one of the best photos of my feet. This was taken in Maryknoll Ecological Sanctuary in Baguio City.

My itchy feet
On the way to the tube in one of my flights to Mindanao.

My itchy feet
This one is another challenging task for my feet--walking on the muddy trail of Bongsanglay Mangrove Natural Park.

My itchy feet
How can I forget the beautiful white sand beach of Anda, Bohol

My itchy feet
Waiting for my flight at the NAIA Terminal 3.

My itchy feet
This is one of the most beautiful floor tiles I have seen! This is in Borongan Cathedral.

My itchy feet
While waiting for my flight from Tacloban to Manila.

My itchy feet
How can I forget the pebbles at Mabua Pebble Beach?

This would be my first of a series (perhaps?). I would gather again a set of photos that I will share next time.

Posting this leads me to some realizations. Indeed, I have been moving a lot since I was working as a development worker. Whether near or far, ordinary or an exotic place, off the beaten or not, one must find joy and fulfillment in traveling.  I hope this post would be an inspiration for all the followers of this blog to move and travel and get to the place. As Lao Tzu says:

“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” 

Thanks for exploring with me!



Do you like this article?  Like us on Facebook, too!



Thank you for reading The Pinoy ExplorerAll contents of this blog, or otherwise stated, are copyrighted. For syndication, use of articles and photos, send me an e-mail. Thank you!

Admin/Author

Aside from my day job, I love photography and storytelling. Going places--be it a cliche destination or the far side of the road--stoke and free my soul. I dig deeper into the people’s psyche, culture and ethnicity, and heritage. I love to observe how they thrive and build social institutions, preserve their culture and traditions.

4 comments :

#TownExplorer | @edmaration said...

Ang cute naman sir Ding! Para lang siyang model ng shoes oh! haha. I will make mine soon, (gaya-gaya), lol.

Admin/Author said...

Edmar, why not? hehehe...thanks!

The Backpack Man said...

gusto kong subukan to hahahhahahah

www.thebackpackman.com

Admin/Author said...

go anciro! thanks!