Delightful Sebastian's mango ice cream



For others, it is their staple, but honestly, I am not a fan of ice cream--well, at least, when I discovered that I am a bit intolerant of lactose. You know what I mean. A few scoops of ice cream would turn my stomach into a growling beast, and thanks heavens that the sinister effect would be at least a few hours later.

The same is with coffee. That is why when I order cold drinks in Starbucks, Coffee bean and Tea Leaf, Seattle's best and other coffee shops, I make it a point to tell the barista to top it with only a third of whipped cream.

However, when I was treated to taste a different ice cream, I indulged. Why not? Well, it was a treat of my boss for a very productive project gridding! He must have been in heavens for the projects that passed the technical review of the staff. A job well is done, so we say!

Sebastian's mango ice cream

I chose from an array of frozen goodness and I settled with mango ice cream that has less milk and what is more inviting is that it is topped with no less than---drumrolls please--bagoong (shrimp paste)! I am also allergic to shrimp paste, but who cares? I was told it was sauteed and sugar and vinegar were put into it, so that must have "killed" the allergens. This is just once in a lifetime. Not only was it my first time to have a mango ice cream with bagoong, but also of the fact that it is pricey. [Smile!]

Sebastian's mango ice cream

I tell you, the first lick of the ice cream is heavenly! You get the taste of a really, really sour mango, with a hint of sugar, and a kick of spice from the sweet-salty-sour bagoong! Plus the bagoong on top is warm so you see the ice cream slowly melting, and you get a different high of eating a frozen delight with a warm (or hot) bagoong.

Overall, it is a taste of something extreme. A sour, salty, and frozen ice cream blended with hot topping. Definitely, beyond your usual notion of an ice cream...

My Verdict: 10/10! 

I am now drooling...and I should drop by again soon. (And it is just 200 meters from work!)

Sebastian's mango ice cream
What about you? What's your flavor?

***Apologies for the poor photo resolution. They were taken with my Blackberry phone. 


Do you like this article?  Like us on Facebook, too!



Thank you for reading The Pinoy ExplorerAll contents of this blog, or otherwise stated, are copyrighted. For syndication, use of articles and photos, send me an e-mail. Thank you!

Admin/Author

Aside from my day job, I love photography and storytelling. Going places--be it a cliche destination or the far side of the road--stoke and free my soul. I dig deeper into the people’s psyche, culture and ethnicity, and heritage. I love to observe how they thrive and build social institutions, preserve their culture and traditions.

2 comments :

Adelle said...

hmmm...i can almost imagine the different flavors. this is an interesting ice cream flavor :)

Admin/Author said...

Yes, Adelle. very yummy too!