Manila by nightfall from Antipolo


Glorious end
Zooming in at Manila Bay.

I just want to share with you a few of the successful shots I made in October 2008, or 4 years earlier. This was taken together with the Flickristasindios photography group that I co-administer.

Flickristasindios is an informal Flickr-based photography group which still exists up to now. In fact, we will be publishing a coffee-table book, which is a collaboration of more than 80 (so far) Filipino amateur and professional photographers. I just hope we will be able to hit the deadline by April 2013.

Ortigas sunset
Zooming in at Ortigas Area. Can you identify the buildings?

Back to this photo, photographing Metro Manila from the Eagle's Nest restaurant along the Antipolo Ridge is not an easy task. With the sun setting fast on the horizon, one needs to contend with the time factor. Sunsets happen so fast. I had no tripod at the time and had to make do with propping my camera on the concrete railing of the veranda and changing lenses as fast as I could--and not missing on any interesting scenery.

Be that as it may, seeing Manila from a different point of view at this time of the day can be very intoxicating to the senses. Not wasting any time, I had to shoot two birds with one stone--appreciating the sublime hues of sunset and to deliver that "awesome" shot.

Guiding star
The metropolis at twilight.

Anybody will always have a love and hate relationship with Metro Manila. Seeing manila from a different view and perspective--away from the urban crowd, grime, noise, and haste, allows one appreciate its beauty.

At that time, I fell in love with Manila once more.



Do you like this article?  Like us on Facebook, too!



Thank you for reading The Pinoy ExplorerAll contents of this blog, or otherwise stated, are copyrighted. For syndication, use of articles and photos, send me an e-mail. Thank you!

Admin/Author

Aside from my day job, I love photography and storytelling. Going places--be it a cliche destination or the far side of the road--stoke and free my soul. I dig deeper into the people’s psyche, culture and ethnicity, and heritage. I love to observe how they thrive and build social institutions, preserve their culture and traditions.

5 comments :

Christian | Lakad Pilipinas said...

Grabe yung first photo! Liquid gold!

Admin/Author said...

Thanks, Christian! Yes, I was at the right time and at the right place.

Traveling Morion said...

Ganda sir Ding! Nakakuha tuloy ako ng idea:) Will visit my 2 sisters on Dec- sa Antipolo sila nakatira, at dapat hindi ko makalimutan ang sunset view shots:)

Admin/Author said...

Go Jeffrey! Worth the visit to the ridge with matching cold beer!

Unknown said...

I have also a sunset shot from Guadalupe vantage point, with Makati Skycrapers as the Silhouette subject.:-). Nice one ding.