Sipping soda at Currimao's Playa Tropical


Currimao's Playa Tropical

It was one hot summer when we were invited to give a talk at the annual convention of North Luzon cooperatives. We were informed that event was to start at 1PM so we dashed right away after our Vigan jaunt. Later we learned that 1PM was the time of ingress and registration, and the event was scheduled at 3PM. So what do you do to kill time?

Needless to say, I was smitten at the sight of Currimao's Playa Tropical. I have seen it only through a feature on TV and was glad I have finally seen it. It would have been better had we been able to experience sleeping in this nice place, but sad to say, the rates of Playa Tropical does not go well with our lodging budget. We chose to stay in Vigan, instead, which was a better choice because we were able to use some free time for sightseeing.

Currimao's Playa Tropical

Anyway, I had two hours to explore the place--minus the interiors. Touristy photo-ops here and there and finally settled for a can of soda--and just pretended and imagined I stayed there for a vacation. It was humid and hot and the pool was inviting, too!

With the summer heat, I wished I could dip in their lovely infinity pool that faces the China Sea West Philippine Sea and cavort with the big waves after the dip, or vice versa or perhaps just play in the sand or do kayaking at sunset. Those lounging chairs are just so inviting for soaking under the sun while reading a book.

Currimao's Playa Tropical
The pool and the Balinese inspired cabanas.

Currimao's Playa Tropical
Enjoying a can of soda in summer.

Currimao's Playa Tropical
Inviting infinity pool.

The Bali-inspired cabanas are an eye candy! Simply lovely! I have seen the interiors in TV and I would say--exquisite! Just the right place for a weary soul where one can find peace and solace. How I wish I could stay there even just for a night!

Be that as it may, a short stay in Playa Tropical is a pleasing experience. Even with just a can of soda while enjoying the view is more than enough. Needless to say, this place is highly recommended for vacations or conferences.

Note: This is not a paid post. From time to time, I love to feature hotels and restaurants and other places that catches my fancy.


Do you like this article?  Like us on Facebook, too!
Thank you for reading The Pinoy ExplorerAll contents of this blog, or otherwise stated, are copyrighted. For syndication, use of articles and photos, send me an e-mail. Thank you!
-->

Admin/Author

Aside from my day job, I love photography and storytelling. Going places--be it a cliche destination or the far side of the road--stoke and free my soul. I dig deeper into the people’s psyche, culture and ethnicity, and heritage. I love to observe how they thrive and build social institutions, preserve their culture and traditions.

9 comments :

Riz said...

love the cabanas! The resort looks relaxing and inviting!

Admin/Author said...

Indeed, Riz! Thanks!

juanderfulpinoy said...

Bookmarked this page , Ang sarap nman magstay sa ganito kagandang place.

Admin/Author said...

Juanderfulpinoy, definitely---if you have the moolah to spend at least for a night. Cheers!

Christian | LAKAD Pilipinas said...

ang ganda!!! how much per night dyan? saka maganda rin ba yung beach nila?

Admin/Author said...

Sorry christian, hindi ko na tinanong eh. Alam ko lang, hindi kaya ng bulsa ko. haha.

Christian | Lakad Pilipinas said...

Haha malamang kung di mo afford, di ko rin afford :P

Edmar del Castillo Guquib said...

Ganda rito, pero mahal. Hehe. Kuya Cristian ang lowest rates dito ay 5 digits na if I'm not mistaken :)

Edmar del Castillo Guquib said...

erratum: 4 digits sabi ko sana, hehe... masyado nang exxag ang 5 digits :)