2012's Top 10 popular travel stories


The year 2012 has been a prolific year for me as a travel blogger. Not only has it allowed me to go to new places, but this year has also the most number of travel blog posts I have done in a year since The Pinoy Explorer made its debut on May 1, 2009.

The year 2012 also marked the unveiling of the Philippines' most popular meme that is "It's more fun in the Philippines." With the inspiration of this meme, travel bloggers like me have become more motivated to travel and write more about the beauty of the Philippines as a way of lending a hand to support travel and tourism in the Philippines.

For 2012, 79 travel stories were shared to The Pinoy Explorer's readers and followers--a benchmark that The Pinoy Explorer has set for this blog. It may be hard to beat for 2013, but I am hoping for the best this year.

By way of starting 2013 for another travel-full year, let this be my way of thanking all the readers of The Pinoy Explorer for all the support in 2012, and may this humble travel blog draw more inspiration for Filipinos and foreign travelers to see the beauty of the Philippines.

As we start the year 2013, I bring to you the most read posts in 2012. I hope that for 2013, I could cover more beautiful places in the Philippines and that you, my readers and supporters, continue to read my posts and be inspired as well to travel around the Philippines.

  1. When it's more fun in the Philippines and when it's not 
  2. Bohol: the heart of the Philippine Islands 
  3. 10 ways to enjoy and appreciate Baguio sans the SM mall 
  4. Asin Road's nature and man-made wonders 
  5. Aliwan Fiesta 2012 | Grand national float competition winners 
  6. Why it's more fun in the Philippines? 
  7. Panagbenga 2012 | Flower arrangement is more fun in the Philippines 
  8. The Visayas Round-up 
  9. Mesmerized in Hiwang 
  10. Vigan in 8 hours 




Do you like this article?  Like us on Facebook, too!






Thank you for reading The Pinoy Explorer! You can also like The Pinoy Explorer on Facebook All contents of this blog, or otherwise stated, are copyrighted. For syndication, use of articles and photos, send me an e-mail.

Admin/Author

Aside from my day job, I love photography and storytelling. Going places--be it a cliche destination or the far side of the road--stoke and free my soul. I dig deeper into the people’s psyche, culture and ethnicity, and heritage. I love to observe how they thrive and build social institutions, preserve their culture and traditions.

4 comments :

fbalgos said...

great year! and great photography!

Aleah | SolitaryWanderer.com said...

2012 was very good for me both as a traveler and a blogger too. Here's hoping 2013 will be better for both of us! Happy new year, Ding!

Admin/Author said...

Thanks, Francis! Happy new year!

Admin/Author said...

Yes, Aleah! cheers to travel bloggers like us who want to make a dent in shaping the country's tourism industry!