Why "It's more fun in the Philippines?"


Life is...

That day, I got "lost" in Burnham Park. I could not find my family! I was so busy capturing people around the lake. Then I saw this young man walking briskly and enjoying his toy--a bubble toy! I immediately propped up my camera, and he did not mind getting the attention of the people around him and from me.

This is one of the reasons why it is fun to travel around the Philippines!

In the Philippines, you get to have fun by having simple pleasures like this--and is literally a "walk in the park."

Again, too many negative comments arise from the new tagline of the Department of Tourism's "It's more fun in the Philippines".

Filipinos and travel bloggers let us all unite to promote the Philippines! We are fun-loving people, and we must realize, bickering is not fun at all!





-->

Do you like this article?  Like us on Facebook, too!

Admin/Author

Aside from my day job, I love photography and storytelling. Going places--be it a cliche destination or the far side of the road--stoke and free my soul. I dig deeper into the people’s psyche, culture and ethnicity, and heritage. I love to observe how they thrive and build social institutions, preserve their culture and traditions.

12 comments :

Chris E said...

let's start.. it's more fun in the philippines because...people are fun and always happy! :)

joan | the backpack chronicles said...

tama!! instead of criticizing let's just support it na lang. it's for the benefit of the Filipinos naman pag nagboom ang tourism natin!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Let us all be supportive of the Philippines' tourism campaign. Everyone can contribute. One by helping keeping the country clean, not only the areas frequented by tourists, but also our neighborhoods. We should campaign that not only do we have beautiful beaches, sleek shopping malls, and exciting nightlife; but also, a thriving art scene, for the culturally inclined. We are all in this together, including Filipinos like me who have been out of the country for decades.

Admin/Author said...

@Chris, Indeed!

@I agree with you Joan, some people cannot just be satisfied.

@Anonymous, I agree, culture and art are usually relegated to the background.

Michi said...

i agree with you, filipinos know how to be happy inspite of difficulties and we can be happy doing simple things.

thailand villas said...

In my opinion, the beauty of the Filipino culture is observable in the micro aspect. Most of them are very courteous, hardworking, and have high regard for family values.

Send SMS Thailand said...

I have been to Philippines once and I enjoyed my stay there. The people are fun-loving, courteous, and hospitable. They have one of the best beaches in the world too! I'm excited to go back there and spend another vacation.

Admin/Author said...

Thanks, qwerty!

the boracay beach said...

It is really fun in the Philippines. Poor are the people who don't appreciate the things in the Philippines.

Count me in, let's promote the Philippines! :)

zummi01 said...

Hello, I do really agree that Its more fun in the Philippines, It has a lot of wonderful places to offer like shopping malls, resorts and hotels are really great and amazing. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Micole l Philippine Traveler said...

I think, the tag line fits perfectly for the Philippines. From the local food, events, festivities and people, it's just is! FUN! and it can't get any better than that! Thanks for this post!

lakwatserong tsinelas said...

it's really more fun in the philippines. we have the complete and perfect package a tourist and traveller can ask for.