SNAPSHOT | Bohol's Marfori house


That old house in Tagbilaran


October 18, 2009

Had a photo walk in the downtown of Tagbilaran City, and found this old house near the Provincial Capitol. Amidst the development, this is one of the few old houses that remain in the city.  One of the Flickr members informed me that this is owned by the Marfori family.

Indeed, its character prodded me to aim my lens.  I hope the city of Bohol will include this in their effort to restore old houses.






Do you like this article?  Like us on Facebook, too!

Admin/Author

Aside from my day job, I love photography and storytelling. Going places--be it a cliche destination or the far side of the road--stoke and free my soul. I dig deeper into the people’s psyche, culture and ethnicity, and heritage. I love to observe how they thrive and build social institutions, preserve their culture and traditions.

5 comments :

Earl said...

Tagbilaran is the city of my birth. I agree, heritage structures like this deserve to be restored and recognized by the authorities.

Admin/Author said...

Indeed, Earl!

thepinaysolobackpacker said...

ganda ng angle! i like! =)

Admin/Author said...

Thanks, Gael!

Bohol Hotels said...

Bohol has a lot of historical structures like this old house that still undiscovered. Nice one!