IN TRANSIT | San Joaquin Cemetery

Page was explored times



En route to San Jose de Buenavista, Antique, one can never miss the San Joaquin cemetery with an imposing baroque mortuary chapel made of red brick and limestone. With its baroque design, it is quite a stand out in the midst of its rural setting.

I was not able to photograph this the first time I passed by. I was with a group and we were heading to Antique for an official business. The second time was not also possible because I was commuting from and to Iloilo. Then finally, I had the chance to spend 5 minutes or so just to photograph its facade.

San Joaquin Cemetery

San Joaquin Cemetery

Had it not been with a company of work colleagues, spending an hour or so to photograph the details and explore more would have been desired. But then, five minutes was all I had to have a closer view of this famous cemetery in San Joaquin, Iloilo.

The San Joaquin Cemetery is around 53 kilometers from Iloilo city. It was constructed in 1892 during the Spanish colonial period and still very much preserved to this day.

San Joaquin Cemetery





Do you like this article?  Like us on Facebook, too!



Thank you for reading The Pinoy Explorer! You can also like The Pinoy Explorer on Facebook All contents of this blog, or otherwise stated, are copyrighted. For syndication, use of articles and photos, send me an e-mail. Thank you!

Admin/Author

Aside from my day job, I love photography and storytelling. Going places--be it a cliche destination or the far side of the road--stoke and free my soul. I dig deeper into the people’s psyche, culture and ethnicity, and heritage. I love to observe how they thrive and build social institutions, preserve their culture and traditions.

No comments :