TAGGED | Best of Travel Photos: My 7 Super Shots


Having been tagged by Christian Sangoyo of Lakad Pilipinas for this blog tagging initiative is, perhaps one of my biggest challenges as a travel photographer. Choosing my photos one over the other means giving less importance to my other photos. It also means you need to satisfy the critical mind and creative spirit of yourself and of readers.

As a photographer, I have my favorites. But it is also justifiable to say that everything I post is important to me. Some photos suck, visually, but they have a special meaning to me. They are part of my creative juice after all!

Be that as it may, I present to you, what I think as of the moment would be interesting and acceptable to me and  you, my readers of what I think is best captured with the following themes:

Takes my breath away

Revisiting Barangay Calima
Revisiting Barangay Calima | Barangay Calima, Pola, Oriental Mindoro

It was my second time to visit Brgy. Calima, and this time the rustic beauty of the place inspired me again despite the gloomy weather.

Makes me dream

Sa paglubog ng araw
Sa paglubog ng araw | Subic Bay, Zambales
With the golden rays of the sun as it sets, I wasted no time capturing the tide and the people walking on the beach and in the shallow part of the sea. It was picturesque as it is. Photographing romantic sunsets always lead me to think of no other subject--LOVE.

Makes me think

Nanang Maria
Nanang Maria | Tuba, Benguet
It was intended for a portrait photo, but the more I look at it. It leads me to think of more stories about aging and life in general. See blog at Mono-logues.

Makes me laugh or smile

This is what you can get in Vigan
This is what you can get in Vigan | Vigan City
Need I say more? Read related blog at Mono-logues.

Makes my mouth water

Philippine mango up close
Philippine Mango

Are you drooling now?

Tells a story

Street photography, anyone?
Street photography...anyone? | Intramuros, Manila
Taken during our photo walks in Intramuros, I chanced upon these two street photographers. It was also part of my discourse on street photography.

I am most proud of

Chocolate hills redux
Chocolate Hills | Carmen, Bohol

So far it ranks as the most popular and most favorite among my Flickr Photos.

Props to HostelBookers 7 Supershots who started all this meme! Now it is my chance to tag:

Edmar of Edmaration, etc.
Mervin of Pinoy Adventurista
Marky Ramone of Nomadic Experiences
Kara Santos of Travel Up
Jeffrey Rilles of Traveling Morion









Do you like this article?  Like us on Facebook, too!

Admin/Author

Aside from my day job, I love photography and storytelling. Going places--be it a cliche destination or the far side of the road--stoke and free my soul. I dig deeper into the people’s psyche, culture and ethnicity, and heritage. I love to observe how they thrive and build social institutions, preserve their culture and traditions.

15 comments :

Christian | Lakad Pilipinas said...

grabe yung photo ng chocolate hills ding! hangganda! other faves ko yung Pola, Oriental Mindoro and sa tuba Tuba, Benguet

Admin/Author said...

Thanks, Christian!

killerfillers said...

Ganda nong sa Bohol and Benguet.

Edmar del Castillo Guquib said...

Ang ganda talaga ng Bohol pic mo sir Ding. Parang nasa fantasy land!

Pinoy Adventurista said...

favorite ko yung "makes me dream", parang lumulutang sa ibabaw ng tubig... ang galing! thanks for the tag Sir Ding... hope makagawa ako... hehehe! cheers!!! :)

Admin/Author said...

Salamat Edmar!

Salamat din Mervs! I will look forward to your post!

adventurousfeet said...

wonderful shots especially the last one! naamaze ako! :D

Dan Arif said...

Wow I love the Chocolate Hills photo!.. was blogwalking and I saw many beautiful photos of Philippines.. looking forward for my trip in Nov :)

Admin/Author said...

Thanks, Dan! Enjoy the beauty of the Philippines!

titus said...

Nice pics... planning to have a list of my best pics, pero baka matagalan pa.

Admin/Author said...

Thanks, Titus!

Patzs said...

No ranking needed. All of it for no. 1!

Admin/Author said...

Patrick, thanks!

Vi said...

I like all your 7 shots.
Here are my 7 photos
http://www.shorttraveltips.com/7-super-shots/

Admin/Author said...

Thanks, Vi!