Aliwan Fiesta 2012 | Street Dancers prepping up for the street dance


Aliwan Fiesta 2012 | The Street Dance Perfromers

They are the stars of the show. During the performance, their make up would fade and costumes tattered. So it is but just right to give justice to their effort to become beautiful and "postcard" perfect looks. Of course, their performance is another thing, and that deserves another story here in The Pinoy Explorer.

Aliwan Fiesta 2012 | The Street Dance Perfromers

The performers were very game in the photo session. Like any other veteran participants to the Aliwan, they are already experts when it comes to posing. They know when to smile and any photographer can get what they want with very little direction.

Aliwan Fiesta 2012 | The Street Dance PerfromersAliwan Fiesta 2012 | The Street Dance PerfromersAliwan Fiesta 2012 | The Street Dance Perfromers

Some new groups are still very shy and aloof. Perhaps, they are just not used to photographers taking their photos. Be that as it may, I hope that in future Aliwan Fiestas, and if ever they participate again, they would eventually loosen up.

I particularly thank the Pandanggitab contingent who were very much enthused about posing for me without me asking them. Of course, I should not forget the T'nalak Festival of South Cotabato's coach who even arranged a tableau for the photographers.

Aliwan Fiesta 2012 | The Street Dance Perfromers

Aliwan Fiesta 2012 | The Street Dance Perfromers

Also, I promised the first group of street dance performers, Kalivungan Festival, that I will post their photos on this website. To the street dancers whom I have photographed, this is my tribute to you! Truly, you did not just turn out to be photography subjects, but rather beautiful and picture perfect ambassadors of your culture and tradition.

Thanks for entertaining us, and making us happy! See you again next Aliwan Fiesta!

Here is the slideshow of the photos:



If you have a slow internet connection, the photos can be viewed individually at Aliwan Fiesta 2012 | The Street Dance Performers






-->

Do you like this article?  Like us on Facebook, too!

Admin/Author

Aside from my day job, I love photography and storytelling. Going places--be it a cliche destination or the far side of the road--stoke and free my soul. I dig deeper into the people’s psyche, culture and ethnicity, and heritage. I love to observe how they thrive and build social institutions, preserve their culture and traditions.

2 comments :

Christian | Lakad Pilipinas said...

next year dapat talaga maka attend na ko, two years na kong wala sa aliwan :(

Cisco said...

They are all great dancers!!