SNAPSHOT | Disneyland in the Philippines?


Dreams

Last December 3, 2008, and on the way to Taal from Tagaytay City, I and my photographer friends dropped by and took photos of this beautiful piece of architecture from the road.  The first time I saw this was in a fairy tale soap on GMA 7, which was made as their primary location for the shoot.  Fantasy World, according to some literature I found in the net is actually an exclusive estate with a fairy tale theme where one can buy a residential property that is priced up to PHP 20 million.

This was open to the public for a fee of P1,000 or US$23 (at $1= PhP43 at 2011 prices), which was a bit pricey, thus we did not find any motivation to enter the place and just contented ourselves shooting from a distance.  Besides we were heading to a more important part of our itinerary which is the heritage town of Taal.

Fantasy World is located high above a mountain ridge in Barangay Mayasang, Lemery, Batangas. I just don't know if it is still open to the public.  With some blogs telling about its lack of maintenance and some features in disrepair, it has become unpopular in the succeeding years.

So a Disneyland in the Philippines is not far off, right?  If ever it will be erected, it has to be located in high altitude locations like Tagaytay and Baguio City for the sake of the staff and performers who would be wearing their thick costumes under the tropical Phillippines.  I could just imagine Mickey Mouse sweating all over under those big black ears if the Disneyland would be located in Manila or in the lowlands.

Now wish upon your star!



Do you like this article?  Like us on Facebook, too!
Thank you for reading The Pinoy ExplorerAll contents of this blog, or otherwise stated, are copyrighted. For syndication, use of articles and photos, send me an e-mail. Thank you!

Admin/Author

Aside from my day job, I love photography and storytelling. Going places--be it a cliche destination or the far side of the road--stoke and free my soul. I dig deeper into the people’s psyche, culture and ethnicity, and heritage. I love to observe how they thrive and build social institutions, preserve their culture and traditions.

9 comments :

Kara / Travel Up said...

I've spotted this place several times whenever we go to Tagaytay, but have never really made an effort to visit it. I'm kind of interested to see how it looks inside. If it's really in disrepair, I think it would be a great place to do a horror-themed photo shoot. :) Thanks for the tip!

benz said...

I remember looking for this when we visited Batangas earlier this year.

Disneyland in the Philippines is a dream for me... I even had used the idea in a feasibility study I made for a college English class (technical writing, i think).

Pinay Travel Junkie said...

Oh I remember this, it was still under construction when we saw it. How unfortunate naman it didn't become so popular. Maybe cause of its price?

Bonzenti [Con Tour] said...

Its realistic.:-).

Admin/Author said...

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, me too, I am quite interested to go inside. Well thanks to the telefantasya of GMA 7, at least nakita din kahit konti lang. Hehe. And perhaps, I agree that the high entrance fee is price is quite on the high side.

reyapot said...

nice photo.. :)

i hope you can visit my blog too!

Admin/Author said...

Thanks, Reyapot!

Batang Lakwatsero said...

ang cute naman nito. haha..

Gladys | ByahengBarok.com said...

we've shot here before for a TV commercial... nothing special really. it just looks like a castle... that's it. so don't feel bad. there are other places to go to that's worth your 1000 pesos :)