Awesome sunset in Butuan City


1N092397


It is not very often you get to witness a stunning sunset that gives you goosebumps.  For a photography junkie like me, you should never, never, never let it pass just like that.  If you are lucky enough to bring with you a camera, that would be heaven, but you will forever be haunted by your conscience if you did not--you know the feeling that makes you uneasy and makes you curse yourself why on earth you did not bring any camera at all!


Anyway, flashback earlier during that day, we had an impulsive plan (if we finished our official business in the town of Trento in Agusan del Sur) to see Lolong, the World's biggest crocodile held in captivity (now officially on Guinness Book of World Records), which is now in the nearby town of Bunawan.  But then work gets in the way!  (Smile!) We had to meet a couple more of government officials before driving back to Butuan City.  Besides, a Trento local told us that Lolong is always in hiding, anyway, showing only some of his scales on his back.  You only get to see Lolong in full view during Saturdays when they drain and clean up the pond where he stays.  Also, you need to walk a couple of kilometers to the location. They do not allow vehicles coming to the area since it will disrupt Lolong's new habitat.

We were disappointed, big time!  But I just hope that one day, I would have the chance to go back in Agusan del Sur, and see Lolong, by hook and by crook!

But then later that day, God was kind enough to lighten up my mood, and he gave us all a magnificent sky to end the day to relax our weary minds and tired bodies.  It was just a fantastic scene passing through Butuan City's new suspension bridge.

1N092411


At first, I was trying my best to capture it inside the car, but then I could no longer keep it and asked my colleagues if we could stop for a minute for me to be able to capture this magnificent sunset.  They obliged and understood this photography junkie. Click! Click! Click!  and I was done.

1N092420


I realize God has a lot of ways to comfort me and assuage my disappointment.  We have done a great job that day, and although we were disappointed for not having the chance to see Lolong, God has rewarded us with a beautiful sunset.  Fair enough!

To see more sunset photos, CLICK THIS LINK.


If you like this article, you might want to like this on Facebook, too! Thanks!



-->

Do you like this article?  Like us on Facebook, too!

Admin/Author

Aside from my day job, I love photography and storytelling. Going places--be it a cliche destination or the far side of the road--stoke and free my soul. I dig deeper into the people’s psyche, culture and ethnicity, and heritage. I love to observe how they thrive and build social institutions, preserve their culture and traditions.

12 comments :

Pinay Travel Junkie said...

Goosebumpsss! Whenever I see an awesome sunset, I forget about taking snapshots. Lol. I tend to space out.

D'QXTC said...

Amazing cloud formations is indeed stunning! Sobrang astig!

Admin/Author said...

@PTJ, ako hindi ko talaga pinapalampas. Maybe I am just a hopeless romantic

Admin/Author said...

Thanks, Dee Quixotic

lakwatsera de primera said...

With this view, i wouldn't mind stopping by the roadside to take pictures or just simply enjoy it (kahit bawal tumigil) :)

Bonzenti [Con Tour] said...

Sobrang hanga ko na ding. I took some snapshots like this one but it is sunrise na man. Galing ng color bro.:-).

Admin/Author said...

@Claire, indeed!
@Bonz, daghang salamat bro!

thepinaysolobackpacker said...

i'll always fall; in love with the sunset. ganda! and i sooo love the last photo!

chyng said...

awesome indeed. hope i 'll get the chance to witness this sunset too when i get to butuan next year. thanks sa piso fare. hehe

Admin/Author said...

HI Chyng! thanks! usually dramatic sunsets appear a day after a heavy rain...madami pang water droplets sa atmosphere.

Pinoy Adventurista said...

i was just in Butuan last week... :)

Christian | Lakad Pilipinas said...

anak ng pusa ang ganda!!!